Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Website-Molly's Cupcakes

For our mid-term, I designed a web-page for delicious cupcake shop, Molly's Cupcakes. I wanted it to be really fun and playful.I took pictures at the shop, along with pictures of my friend. I had the idea of her tip-toeing her way through a field of cup-cakes, and because cupcakes are bright and colorful, I made her put on colorful socks. I also took pictures of her holding the cupcake and eating them. For the colors of the website, I choose to use pastel colors for the overall image to match the sweetness feeling. On the sides of the website, I made a mini border of, suppose to be, Polaroid pictures of my friend with the cupcakes. I felt like it needed something to make it more fun, and what's more fun then Polaroid pictures. I also choose to draw little bumble bees flying around the website because bumble bees remind me of spring, which brings a lot of colors to my mind. As for the captions, I have one main caption giving an explanation of the shop, and the other two are playful captions to get people to buy their cupcakes.
Hope this makes you want to go eat a cupcake at Molly's...they are so yummy! :) 

2 comments:

  1. Your webpage is so cute. I love the sweet theme. And although it's simple it's not boring. Great job. -Jasmine LaFlora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! your page came out very nice. I like the color palate you choose it works well with your subject matter and its visually interesting. The creative border is a nice touch and the colorful tabs at the top make it easy to navigate and draws your attention.

    ReplyDelete