Tuesday, May 10, 2011

American Home, Indian Heart




This is my final 2pg spread for Visual Journalism. I was assigned Anuradha Rana for this culturally focused project. After interviewing her about her life in India, and her job as a filmmaker in Chicago, I decided to format my story into a Q&A because it's one of my favorite styles as a story. The layout, "American Home, Indian Heart," was supposed to show Rana in her culture as well highlighting her work.
The main photo is of Rana on a camel safari, and it was the most intriguing photo that she gave me because it is a representation of her in her culture. The other photo I choose to include is of her working. The map was made in InDesign and it just shows where she grew up and went to school. As for the sidebar, I made a film strip and included her body of work, and information about the film. The colors I used for the whole project was trying to match the colors of her culture, which is oranges, pinks, browns, and yellows. Overall I think it turned out pretty well.

1 comment:

  1. This turned out really nice! I love the background salmon-ish color. It really complements the overall layout and colors used with the map and main photo with the desert background! Great job!

    ReplyDelete